Find out if your device can play on infinite worlds in Pocket Edition 0.9.0

Most of the questions we have been receiving through our Q&A or email have been about infinite worlds in Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.0. Although infinite worlds in 0.9.0 will work on any device that can run MCPE, infinite worlds will only be smooth on dual-core phones and tablets. So here's how to find out if your device can play on infinite worlds with no lag!

If you have an Apple device
This one is easy. Here all all Apple devices that can play on infinite worlds with no problems:

• iPhone 4S+

• iPad 2+

• iPad 5/Air

• iPad Mini

• iPad Mini (retina)

• iPod Touch 5+

If your device is not on this list, you will have noticeable lag while playing on infinite worlds. Please don't ask if your iPod 4 or some other device will run infinite worlds perfectly, all of them are on this list.

If you have an Android device
The easiest way to find out if your device has a dual-core processor is to download the app CPU-Z from the Play Store (link). Once you install it, open it and look at the number next to 'Cores' on the SOC tab. If you have two or more, you will be fine. If you only have one, you will have some lag while playing.

If you have a Kindle
As long as you have a model on this list, you will be fine:

• Kindle Fire (1st gen)

• Kindle Fire (2nd gen)

• Kindle Fire HD 7 (1st gen)

• Kindle Fire HD 8.9

• Kindle Fire HD 7

• Kindle Fire HDX 7

• Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

Hope this guide helps you guys, and feel free to ask any questions in the comments.

comments
Charley
July 10, 2014 at 4:32 AM delete

I have an ipad 2, but whenever I play in infinte worlds, it appears a warning saying"the game is running out of memory" so, I deleted some worlds, but it still appears!! How can I solve it??!!?

onyx
July 10, 2014 at 5:14 AM delete

Same here it says 'Warning memory is running low!'

Josh
July 10, 2014 at 6:14 AM delete

Will only iPad mini work

The Eagle 54
July 10, 2014 at 6:41 AM delete

It is just a bug

Turtle
July 10, 2014 at 8:04 AM delete

Will the memory is running low thing be fixed in a (hopefully) soon bug fixing update?

July 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM delete

Yes, Mojang has confirmed this is an issue on iOS devices and is working on a fix.

July 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM delete

It's a bug, and it will be fixed very shortly. It's saying you don't have enough RAM (which is not true, it's a bug), not related to space on your device.

nate-mate
July 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM delete

I have an iPhone 4.. phew almost bought it, thanks for saving my life. I'll just go back to PS3 and PC, soon even PS4.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
July 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM delete

Does a normal iPad mini will work on minecarft pe

TheDiamondCreeper
July 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM delete

When is 0.9.1 coming out?

PixelBucket
July 11, 2014 at 12:12 AM delete

Ok. So my iPod touch 4g is old (about a year) and it runs fast on pretty much everything. Minecraft 0.9.0 is so laggy, I crashes literally every 45 seconds on infinite worlds, and on old worlds, it's the same story. On survival mode, my game crashes moments after spawning, and when I get back on that world, I spawn at cloud level and fall to my death over and over, and the biome tinting goes mad. This happens both old and infinite worlds. The lag is so bad I cannot even play on my pre-0.9.0 worlds. Now all I can do is play on creative super flat worlds. The main reason is the render distance. The smallest render distance is bigger than my render distance on pc. I want mojang to fix this.

Here is a screenshot of a mushroom that turned purple (yes, PURPLE) after a crash that occurred moments after this image was taken.

s
July 11, 2014 at 2:08 AM delete

I somehow have a one core processor Phone with Android, and Infinite Worlds work perfectly :/

Charley
July 11, 2014 at 2:35 AM delete

Oh thank you!! Thank you so much!! And you too The Eagle 54!!! For an instance I thought I couldnt play on infinite worlds, which would be a bummer because I love them!!! But it also covers the whole screen saying does warnings, so it is very difficult to move or do anything ... They need to fix that very promptly

Charley
July 11, 2014 at 2:38 AM delete

Hehe sorry, *those warnings

Shawn Hall
July 11, 2014 at 4:36 AM delete

I would say that infinite worlds runs pretty decent on ipod 4g I got a village house but it lagged out and I'm stuck in the forest time to find it lol

Rosie
July 11, 2014 at 7:44 AM delete

Well my iPod4 won't support Infinet world

noah bez
July 11, 2014 at 7:53 AM delete

it works fine on ipad 3

Fern-fox
July 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM delete

Infinite/flat worlds do not work on ipad mini first gen yet this list states it does!!! False information

Shawn Hall
July 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM delete

Just because it don't say it does don't mean you couldn't play on it just has some lag to it. Trust me I had a mine on there a house and other stuff. But I would wait til 0.9.1 comes out to fix bugs hope I helped

c0de
July 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM delete

I have found a lot of bugs on iOS 7.1.2 iPad mini (not retina display), they're probably on yours too-
Dead shrubs and saplings look weird (look thin and 2D)
No villager sounds
Grass in Mesa looks like swamp grass
Sometimes I spawn at the cloud layer when generating a world
Random crashes when quitting to title
Random crashes when generating worlds
Damage indicator bar is shown at middle of item in chest and furnace
When someone joins my game, Minecraft lags intensely, then stops
Tapping the empty 2x2 or 3x3 crafting grid crashes the game

And counting...

PixelBucket
July 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM delete

I sure am glad for that. That's a pretty good reason why apple should do beta tests so that we don't have to get all these fix updates.

PixelBucket
July 13, 2014 at 12:05 AM delete

Mine has serious issues with all worlds. I can't play classic worlds, because the render distance is too @&$% high. I can't play infinite worlds, because I get constant crashes every time a new chunk is loaded. And flat worlds, blocks dissappear.

Shawn hall I have an iPod 4g.

PixelBucket
July 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM delete

I have all those bugs and more on iOS 6.1.3

PixelBucket
July 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM delete

Like caves dont generate in old worlds or infinite ones

Shawn Hall
July 13, 2014 at 2:54 AM delete

I would jus wait for 0.9.1 does the same thing to me basically

LDX
July 13, 2014 at 4:43 AM delete

It would be perfect if they hadn't removed the shortest render distance. :'( Now it lags my 1st gen Kindle Fire.

Justin Davies
July 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM delete

Yes they do. They work just fine on my ipad mini first gen

Nrr1208
July 28, 2014 at 2:31 AM delete

I can't even play the infinite world anymore on my iphone4 and it says that the world isn't supported by this device! Anyone have the same problem? Helpp!!!!! It used to work but now its just unsupported