Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.10.0 public beta on the way, will include day/night in creative

Minecraft PE 0.10.0 isn't the massive update that 0.9 was, but it still includes lots of welcome changes. Tommasso said on his Twitter account earlier:
The beta group release is coming, but we're trying to squash the "respawning in the air in a random place" bug before that.

It's not clear all of the features that 0.10.0 includes, but we do know a few of the additions. The first major addition is OpenGL ES 2.0, which will result in enhanced shadows and graphics in the game, better dynamic lighting, and better optimization. Also in the update is full support for the iPhone 6 and 6+.

As far as gameplay goes, there is now a day/night cycle in creative worlds (this was previously possible by changing a world to survival with a tool, playing in it, and changing it back), colored fences and fence gates, boats, paddles, and more.

It's unlikely additional features will be added to the game after the first public betas are released. See the source link for the original tweet.

Source: Twitter

comments
DarthG8r
September 29, 2014 at 6:41 AM delete

Awesome, since I am an IOS player, I'm a little scared to hack into MCPE :P. Now, I will be able to have night and day in creative.... Sweet!

c0de
September 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM delete

Or not... He said it was "the random bug of the week", meaning day/night cycle on creative might be a glitch. Of course, something else might have been wrong, but I didn't see anything too glitchy. Let's hope it is, my city will look great in the nighttime!

PixelBucket
October 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM delete

I know right? Paddles? Maybe you have to have paddles to use boats. Looks like another exclusive to Pocket Edition! I wonder when they will add music. And also, regarding "squashing the reap awning randomly in air bug" I am so releived. I have had to delete worlds because of this bug.
Also, what about this?
When I respawn at my spawn point when the chunk is unloaded, I fall through the world, suffocate in bedrock, then die, respawning in a random new location, one time in the middle of an ocean.

October 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM delete

shades on water_ included.

John
October 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM delete

Do you know if skins will be implemented in the new update? If so, do you know if they will use the "new" type of skins in Minecraft for PC with better availability to customize it or will they use the old smaller skins (64x64)?

Tomcc_
October 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM delete

No night/day for know 0.11.0 will have them.!