Reddit user recreates Yoshi Falls from Mario Kart in Minecraft

Mario Kart remains one of Nintendo's most successful video game series, and the series has been played by millions worldwide. Despite Minecraft not being available on any Nintendo consoles, there are some very cool creations the other way around.

One Reddit user by the name of Springstof has re-created the Yoshi Falls course from Mario Kart DS (and was later included in Mario Kart: Wii), over the course of about 10 hours. The result is nothing short of a faithful recreation. Take a look:

[caption id="attachment_3199" align="aligncenter" width="832"]Yoshi Falls, as seen on Mario Kart: Wii Yoshi Falls, as seen on Mario Kart: Wii[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3201" align="aligncenter" width="1916"]The recreation. The recreation.[/caption]

Now that's some dedication right there. Take a look at the source link for some more views of the course, but unfortunately there's no download available yet.

Source: Reddit

comments
smart minecrafter
November 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM delete

this map looks awesome.i will use the car and drives mod on this

AwesomelyB
November 5, 2014 at 3:14 AM delete

Nice, I remember that map. It was probably one of my favorite simple races. It must have taken him or her a loooong time to make this. Now all we need is a mario kart mod!

Ghgore
November 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM delete

There were Bukkit plugins that did that, but unfortunately Bukkit is a thing of the past.

AwesomelyB
November 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM delete

Yeah, it sucks, R.I.P. Bucket

Ghgore
November 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM delete

Sponge seems pretty good though.

November 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM delete

Wow, thanks for featuring my map here!

It actually only took about 10 hours ;P

AwesomelyB
November 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM delete

Really? I haven't heard of it yet. I am not sure if anyone noticed (I used to be an active commenter of PBR), but I have been out of the whole minecraft world for the summer. I just came back when 1.8 was near done and bukkit was killed. Is it the same deal? also, will bukkit plugins be able to be used with it? I hope so...

November 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM delete

Hi

Yes we already installed the mod, and you havw now items powerups, music, and alot of stuff more in my server.
so yes Springstof did good work :)

AwesomelyB
November 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM delete

Are you the actual creator? If so, I was wondering if I could ask a couple questions about how you built it.

November 5, 2014 at 11:28 PM delete

Springstof has build it for me yes!

AwesomelyB
November 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM delete

So was this build for a server of yours? What is the server IP; I would love to check it out!

AwesomelyB
November 5, 2014 at 11:57 PM delete

@springstof:disqus Seeing that you are the original artist of this incredible build, I was wondering if you could answer these questions for me:

1. About how long did this build take you?

2. Did you use any plugins or world editors like MCedit?

3. What was the hardest part of the build?

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard was it to create this world?

5. Is this your first major build, or have you done many similar builds before?

If you can answer these questions, thank you very much! I know we would all love to know how you made this, as it is a truly amazing build!

November 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM delete

Hi

Yes it was build for my server yes! Only for my server! IP i dont give yet! you can register on the website what you see in my picture .nl Thanks.

November 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM delete

1. About 10 hours

2. I used world-edit and essentials to speed things up

3. The dynamic shapes: The track itself

4. 4-5. It was not very hard for me. But I've got quite some knowledge about building

5. I've been building for a year now, but this is only my second remake of a map. The other one being Nuke-Town form COD: Black Ops

AwesomelyB
November 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM delete

Great! Thank you, I have written a report on the answers you gave me, I was wondering if you will be okay with me sending to Powered By Redstone to possibly post?

November 6, 2014 at 12:54 AM delete

Yeah, sure. If you want some more details, you can have them!

I love building and I see it as an great honour that people appreciate my work so much!

My Skype is jesse.hdg if you want to contact me for further information.

AwesomelyB
November 6, 2014 at 1:13 AM delete

Great! I sent it to Corbin for review, maybe later today or this week it could be on the front page :)!
If it gets popular, I might come back for more info, but thanks for now!

May 2, 2015 at 11:51 AM delete

Filter Cloth

The company founded in 1985, has total assets of RMB1.52 billion, occupies a total area of 800,000 square meters, and employs 3,000 staff members, including 98 senior engineers and technicians and 319 mid-level engineers and technicians.

May 27, 2015 at 7:28 AM delete