Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.7.4 released early on the Amazon App Store, can connect to servers by IP

p1ftgkVMinecraft Pocket Edition typically comes out for the iPhone and Google Play Store (previously named the Android Market) on the same day, with the Amazon version lagging behind by days or weeks. It seems it's opposite day, as Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.7.4 is now available on the Amazon App Store but not the Apple App Store or Google Play.

It's unknown if the early release was intentional or not, but nevertheless it's still out. Reddit user Onlyadirector confirmed it to be fully working and including some previously unmentioned features. As seen in the screenshot above, Minecraft PE 0.7.4 supports connecting to servers by IP address rather than through Realms alone. You can also add servers by IP to a list, similar to the desktop version.

Personally I've been waiting for this feature for a while now, and I'm excited to see it finally come to life. Now we wait for the Google Play and App Store releases :)

Source: Amazon

comments
WolfeMan909
August 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM delete

Nice addition

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 12:45 AM delete

I'm a big fan of your work, I read every new post, so thanks for posting articles about big minecraft news. I was wondering if you have minecraft PE (you probably do) and if so, could you give me your IP address to one of your worlds so I possibly play on your world with you. I will post my IP address for one of my worlds in just a few minutes if you want to join or if any other Powered by Redstone fans
want to join. That's all and looking forward to your next post. :)

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 12:48 AM delete

Hello I'm back just to post my IP address for one of my worlds. 192.168.1.104

Leif Bredeson
August 31, 2013 at 1:05 AM delete

how do i find this feature in 0.7.4 i have the update but i cant find it

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 1:35 AM delete

When you are on the main menu you press play, then edit then near the upper right there is an external butten then you press that and Walla

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM delete

Keep in mind that you can only join my world if I'm playing on the world when you are trying to join.

August 31, 2013 at 2:41 AM delete

My PocketMine server is down for the moment, but maybe when I get around to putting it back up :)

Leif Bredeson
August 31, 2013 at 4:06 AM delete

ok i seee that but how do i join a server

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 4:13 AM delete

Once you enter the IP address in the middle slot you can name the server whatever you want and leave the bottom slot ( have not figured it out yet) then the server will pop up on the top of you world list in the play section and it should say locating server. If it will not let you join then that person is not on that world at that time.

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 4:14 AM delete

Thanks Corbin.

Leif Bredeson
August 31, 2013 at 4:32 AM delete

how do i find ip adresses and ports of other peoples world

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 4:40 AM delete

I have not quite understood the port part yet, but to find your worlds IP address you need another device with minecraft and get on your world. Have the other device go the their worlds list and at the top in blue the is that players name and to the right of the username is that worlds IP address. There is probably other ways to find your worlds IP address but that's the method I use.

Leif Bredeson
August 31, 2013 at 4:48 AM delete

ok i get that but what is the default ip and port shown in the screenshot above

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 5:35 AM delete

I'm not quite positive on how to find that but if you want to join one of the the external part in the screenshot above then name it whatever you want. Next in the second slot put this adress.. ctf.lbsg.net ... and keep the third line the same and enjoy your capture the flag.

Leif Bredeson
August 31, 2013 at 5:56 AM delete

i put ctf.lbsg.net in the adress part and did what you said and i connected and it didnt work it said i was unable to connect to server

BurningVShadow
August 31, 2013 at 6:08 AM delete

I played on that server and when I put it on my brothers kindle it did the same thing so it must not always work. I know it is not a 24/7 server, they are working on that. But if that pops up I would give it some time and if that doesn't work I would not have anymore ideas but I am constantly looking for more working server's.

Leif Bredeson
August 31, 2013 at 6:10 AM delete

ok thanks for all the awesome help shadow

McProJoel
September 2, 2013 at 3:52 AM delete

When is it up thank you and are you on?

BurningVShadow
September 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM delete

It is up periodically throughout the day and I will get on (or try) about every 1-3 hours.

Awesomepudle
September 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM delete

What's some servers

Duncan12
September 8, 2013 at 4:11 AM delete

How do I make a server whit external ip or what is external ip?