Strongholds coming to Minecraft Pocket Edition, infinite worlds not really infinite

It's now May, which means that Pocket Edition 0.9.0 should be right around the corner. However, recently it is becoming more and more likely that the update will arrive in June. But on the bright side, Jeb said today that he is working on implementing strongholds into MCPE 0.9.0. He said on his Twitter account earlier today:
Today I bought some colorful socks. Tomorrow I will finally begin porting strongholds to MC:PE! [..] Strongholds will be hard to find, since there wont be any Eye of Enders, but they'll be there somewhere =)

So at least for now, without Eye of Enders, it will be far trickier to find strongholds. In another tweet, Jeb revealed that the limit for Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.0 world size is smaller than we all hoped for:
[...] I don't have the numbers here, but on PC the range is -30M to +30M, on MCPE it will be closer to -10k to +10k

In other words, Minecraft Pocket Edition's world limit will be over 29 million times smaller than PC Edition. Pocket Edition 'infinite' worlds will be limited to an area of about 400,000,000 blocks. Of course that's a huge increase over the existing 512 block limit, but still not on par with PC Edition.

Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.0 is estimated by Jeb to arrive this month, but at the current pace of development we estimate it will arrive sometime in June. See the source link for the original tweet.

Source: Twitter

comments
Juan Carlos Sanchez
May 1, 2014 at 10:45 AM delete

Dude you made a mistake, it's till June not July,
And why do we want 30m by 30m if it's not like we will use the whole land, but I'm fine with the 10k by 10k worlds
The sizes I wished would be
Legacy: 256 x 256 (old terrain gen.)
Tiny: 256 x 256 (New Gen)
Small: 500x500

Oh wait never mind xD

#1 Mcpe News Source!
May 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM delete

What about the beta?

Dr0.idninja
May 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM delete

It won't have the end portal frame, right?

May 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM delete

Well, it hasn't come out yet. Assuming that there is about two weeks between the first beta and the release, right now we are looking at a late May - June release.

May 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM delete

Correct, we meant June. And I'm not saying that I will ever fully use 10Kx10K worlds, but it's still disappointing considering the developers made it seem it would be PC-level infinite worlds.

#1 Mcpe News Source!
May 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM delete

Ok it hasn't come out yet. I was just wondering if you could confirm its coming out in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Icyendercat
May 2, 2014 at 4:12 AM delete

What's the point if there is no end portal? And I thought the Infinite would be generating whenever a steve moved... But I'm still excited!

DiamondHoe11
May 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM delete

Ok I just read that Tommasso Checchi said that 10,000x10,000 is just the default world option, but there will be an option to make it TRULY infinite. Go to Tommasso's twitter to comfirm

Dr0.idninja
May 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM delete

Yeah, they had always had us thinking that the worlds would be PC-sized. :(

b3n_ja_m1n
May 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM delete

It does but there has to be a limit even on PC version because it is impossible to make the something infinite. The only thing that is truly infinite is the real life universe.

Juan Carlos Sanchez
May 3, 2014 at 1:16 AM delete

Yet Tommaso said that that will be in 0.9.1 since there is no more time left and for now people will have to play on infinite worlds.

Juan Carlos Sanchez
May 3, 2014 at 1:18 AM delete

At least we have the strong hold ready for a future update that brings The End. Also if they already added silverfish, we have where to hunt them down.

Dr0.idninja
May 3, 2014 at 7:42 AM delete

At some point they should stop adding features and put the features in a future update... Not that I'm against strongholds or anything, I'm just getting impatient.

May 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM delete

We honestly have no clue, we are just guessing based on how long it's taking.

Dr0.idninja
May 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM delete

Yes, you would need a infinitely large computer to hold a infinite world. Having a infinite thing would fill the infinite universe, and that would be a paradox... Something filling infinite space.

A random guy...
May 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM delete

I have an Ipod 4th gen, does this mean that with all these updates I wont be able to update mcpe or will I still be able to update the game but have to lower graphic settings to keep playing lag free?

May 4, 2014 at 3:41 AM delete

Everything will work, except infinite worlds will have lag. In the future, direct all questions to our Minecraft Q&A.

Kai
May 5, 2014 at 2:08 PM delete

Will our old worlds become infinite or our new ones or both? Because i currently have a lot of diamonds and iron in my world in minecraftPE,it took me a very long time to find diamonds, and i have worked so hard on my world, i even created a monorail transport and i want my world to have the same terrain generation as of 0.9.0. Please answer.
-Kai

Dr0.idninja
May 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM delete

You will be able to make it "infinite", but the new terrain generation (villages, new biomes, strongholds, etc.) will not be in the world if you make it infinite. It will still use the old terrain generation. To get the new biomes and structures, you will have to make a new world. Don't worry, you will have a button to change gamemodes, which means you can pretty much recreate your world on creative and turn it to survival.

MineGal
May 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM delete

Will minecraft 0.9.0 work on my IPod 6th generation?
Please answer.

he Bing Wen
May 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM delete

Tommaso said that infinite worlds could be only up to 110,000 x 110,000.Any further than that will cause the game to crash easily.Small worlds are larger than XBOX worlds by a chunk or so.not sure about other sizes.also the 10k x 10k is actually now confirmed the default size of new worlds

he Bing Wen
May 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM delete

Should be able to

he Bing Wen
May 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM delete

I suggest around mid may to late may, they already fixed most bugs and only left with a few things like larger worlds

Metaflyer
May 6, 2014 at 7:49 PM delete

I was dreading the infinite worlds thing, because I like small worlds so you can know the place extremely well. 512x512 about the size of one block (real world, block as in buildings), which is easy to remember in real life too. Same with MC.

Dr0.idninja
May 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM delete

You will be able to choose the world size...

InfinityHex
May 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM delete

Has Jeb ever say when the nethers going to come out? Because you need blaze powder for eyes of the ender.

Metaflyer
May 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM delete

I WAS dreading.

TOASTeater151
May 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM delete

To Be Technical, You Wouldn't have to have a infinite computer disk space, the game would only load what it needs to load, until it runs out of space.

Sam J.K.
May 18, 2014 at 7:00 AM delete

The Stronghold End portal is dysfunctional. I know it sucks

June 14, 2016 at 4:10 PM delete

Wholesale Jeryseys China

" The prospect of winning a fifth ring, of solidifying his legacy as one of the game all-time greats, of winning one more championship than Shaquille O橬eal(notes) surprisingly proved overwhelming for Bryant. The use of a compressed air is widely used…